Monday, October 24, 2005

London! The land of my dreams! Amazing how the thing you yearn most for can be staring right at you and yet you don't see it. I never imagined there'd actually be such a place. Paradise! Though I generally turn up my nose at settling abroad, London is something else. It'd be very difficult to pass up such a chance. Be it a call center job or a waitress at an Indian Dhaba - it'd be very difficult to pass up, as long as its there. If you are up there and listening, please please let me be a Londonwasi in all my future incarnations.

I hear it is quite respectable there to bathe just once a week.


P.S. I realize this is a recurring topic, but it is a recurring problem.

10 comments:

Arjun Karande said...

Err... of all places, why London?

vinaya said...

Its the only place i know of where it is quite respectable to bathe just once a week! Need i say more?
Unless... no, it can't be... you mean there are other such paradises on earth ??

Anonymous said...

Yes, one being some place near Khadki in Pune ;).

Of course Harsh!

vinaya said...

Harsh: Khadki, Pune, its just 2 days :( Things will of course take a turn for the better when the next generation takes over!

Kaushik: Now i'm confused :( No, wait, an inspiration! I can hold a sort of swayamwara and the place with the maximum respectability duration gets the girl :D

Anonymous said...

I know deos would be the perfect gift for Vinnie aunty from here.

Anonymous said...

Btw arent your dreams of being a buffalo wallowing in water and not bathing contradictory?

vinaya said...

What? What?? What???
And to asnwer your second question (which shows an accute sense of observation and a desire to make trouble :P) - not at all. It is the process of getting in and out and the soaping that gets to me. None of which a buffalo has to go through.

Anonymous said...

Kya discussion chal raha hai :D
And oye, are you coming down in Nov for Neha's wedding?

~Pooja

vinaya said...

You need to be at a certain intellectual level to appretiate the discussion :D
Yes i am coming! The latest plan (and it seems reliable since it has been stable for over two weeks) is that i will stay for a week after.

Anonymous said...

Let me know what date for reasons I shall tell you later:)

~Pooja

 
Locations of visitors to this page