Thursday, December 20, 2012

Random

The dude's brother is getting married in Feb. This is the first time that i got to see first hand, all the behind the scenes stuff that goes into getting a marriage arranged. Even though most of it was in Telugu, it was damn interesting! (Or maybe i filled up the blanks in my Telugu knowledge with the most interesting interpretation). The girls side had come with large numbers and a well coordinated plan of action - we didnt stand a chance! Go girl power! (i realize i am not on the right side to be saying that, but you get it, right? Right.)

The kindle is back in our lives with a bang. We have actually fought over it, if you are one of those people who gifted it to us, you will be happy to note. But mostly we get along fine because we more or less live in different time zones these days. I sleep by 10 at the latest, and what does with the kindle after that is none of my business. He is reading the Foundation Series and is at the last book (after which he has to go back to the first two).

My friend P saw a book at some airport (The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared) and read a couple of pages. She then sent me a mail from there, asking me to check it out. She thought both of us would love the writing style. I LOVE getting unexpected mails like that. While i was checking it out, i wondered how she was so sure i would love it - i never am. But then i read a couple of pages and HAD to buy it. It was hilarious - in just the way we like. But it was also for 600. I am still not comfortable spending that kind of money on books, so i pestered the Dude into giving me "permission" to buy it. He made a half hearted attempt at asking some questions (how many pages do you get for 600, how are you sure you will like it) but then gave up and walked away. I took that for a yes and bought it. I am almost done and will unhesitatingly recommend it to anyone. It IS hilarious. The dude's brother started reading it on our trip to Chennai, trying very hard not to laugh out in the train, dont ask me why. So now we have 3 people fighting over the kindle.

The office gym has gotten much much better and now has two good treadmills and one spectacular multigym. Its all i ever needed in a gym, and yet, i cant get back that regularity with which i used to go there when all it had was two sad treadmills and two ellipticals. Still, it makes me sad that i have less than a month to make use of it, before i become jobless and gymless.

1 comment:

vinaya said...

Nice!! Its time for me to revise the series, i think. I didnt remember even a single "spoiler" that the forward mentions!

 
Locations of visitors to this page