Monday, December 17, 2012

Because no one at work or home appreciates my sense of humour

One fine evening i am at a discussion a few places away from my desk at work. I have not locked my screen, i never do. The perpetrator (hereafter known as the perp), who has a fetish for unlocked screens, sits at my desk and sends out the following mail from my Outlook.


Sub: Party at my house tonight!

It’s potluck. Bring your own booze!

Please RSVP, we will arrange transport back later in the night.

More details to follow.

Vinaya


He is mighty pleased with his work. The effect of which is somewhat dampened when no one - not one person RSVPs. (Let me not think of what that says about me). A little while later, my manager replies from home.

What? That's way too short a notice Vinaya - no fair!


To which, this guy, sitting very much in the office, replies.

Manager, you are missing a really good party. 


The next morning people ask me about the party and crib about the short notice. I send out the following mail.

Thanks for turning up in such large numbers, even though no address was given. And for ALL THAT BOOZE – my in-laws were most impressed!

And finally, though he couldn’t make it, thanks Perp, for stirring it all up. We missed ya!


People still ask me about the party. I show the mail trail to the Dude and i get a 'hmm". That is what i get from him for most stories. And keep getting it until i say - and they all lived happy ever after. The end.

And they lived happily ever after. The end.

2 comments:

Charuta said...

Ha ha..ROTFL!!!

vinaya said...

Thanks! See, that is ALL i ask for!

 
Locations of visitors to this page