Friday, December 25, 2009

Obligatory whiney year end post

Heroes season 1 comic
Superman For Tomorrow - Vol 1 and 2
My Laptop
A hard disk full of entertainment
The Fall of Hyperion

It takes all that to make me feel safe enough to go spend a day with my granny. Didnt need to go beyond the first two, but thats not the point. Common sense says there has to be a life beyond books and movies. After all, so many people around survive, if not flourish, without either. Whoever is hiding that world from me (of course i have to find someone to blame!) is doing a damn good job of it too. Showing me all the unattractive or impractical alternatives - malls, pubs, friends, work, family, travel - any of which can fill, but none of which fulfill.

Day 3 of my "take it or leave it" vacation. Existential crisis looms large. Some big gesture is in order to see me through the other side of this one.

2 comments:

Charuta said...

hey you had alrdy blogged abt what we talked :P

vinaya said...

Vinaya: Yaay! my experiments with time travel seem to have worked :P

Kaushik: Grass green, other side and all that. I'd be blissfully happy with my movies and my books if only i could get rid of the nagging feeling that there ought to be more.

 
Locations of visitors to this page