Saturday, June 28, 2008

Its only just begun

A few months ago, one of my talks to myself:
You can either watch what you eat OR watch your toes disappear under your belly.
And you HAVE to choose. So quit moaning, pick a side and get your a** off the fence.

(Yeah i'm pretty curt to me. And rude. I dont like it, but what to do?)

And for once, i actually listened. Decided i couldnt bear the separation from my toes. Joined a gym. Watched what i ate. When i ate. How much i ate. Lost a ton. Just like that. Leaving me to wonder what i'd done so wrong on all those previous attempts.

Now that i'm off the hook, now that the vigil can be relaxed, do you think i breathe easy? Hah. Like i think i've said before, i dont do grey well. I can say no to everything. I can eat only desserts for lunch. But in between? When i actually have a choice? It feels like whichever side i pick, i lose. Plus, the whole decision making process is so arbitrary, i'll go in determined on one thing and the next second be doing the exact opposite. So when i go out to eat, there is no saying who will be dining: will it be Dr Jekyll nibbling on his salad or will Mr Hyde polishing off the plates.

P.S. Yes, i am properly ashamed of caring enough to have gone through it all. But boy, does it feel good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Vin! I am fighting the same battle for years now. Though I do most of the fighting in my mind, never get round to doing anything:).

How much did you say you lost? Too bad i cannot call you what i used to call you anymore;)

HP

vinaya said...

Hehahaha, mote!

Its in double digits. More than that, i cannot reveal over the Internet. I hope there is something to reveal by the time you guys get back!

Anonymous said...

I heard you can write anything from 1 as 1 or 01 or 001 or whatever:).

Hari Prasad.

vinaya said...

Tumhare london mein hota hoga. Hum hindustaani aisa fraud nahi machate!

 
Locations of visitors to this page