Monday, July 02, 2007

Ram Rajya

I have become a night watchman. Err... woman. To be precise, less dramatic, closer to the truth and boring, my cousin is kind of alone at home and i have been appointed to protect her at night. My first night on duty, i went over with a movie. No, it was not an abuse of lack of parental supervision, movies made her feel safe. Halfway through, she felt too sleepy to worry about safety and so we decided to save the rest for the next day. I settled into my bed with Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and she, that kid i am supposed to protect, that girl i have seen grow from a bundle in the hospital to to the fine young girl who once gave me note to get out of office, went and locked the doors. She was fast asleep before i realized that as a night watchwoman, that was probably part of my job.
Instead of being shocked at my lack of responsibility and watch-womanability, i prefer to say that i don't believe in locks.

5 comments:

Oink said...

err... wat are u trying to say ?
n who cousin ?

vinaya said...

I am trying to say that a 14 year old is not more responsible than me.
Who cousin?? Shame on you for asking! The ones who live next door, obviously!

Oink said...

u mean a u are not even as responsible as a 14 year old ...
lol n sumhow i have imagined that all the next door cousins have grown up n all .. dint imagine they would require babysitting n all :P and of course, there is the possibility that u mite be practising for the very VERY near future ...
btw . paati wanted all cousins to meet... a feat which is possible only at ur eh eh ahem .. point made clear i suppose

vinaya said...

After thinking up of a hundred nasty retorts, i have decided to take all the fun out of this. Yes, I shall take the high road. Yes, i was practising for the VERY near future. And yes, i shall eh eh ahem so that all of us can meet!

Oink said...

aaah crap .... just when it was gettin intrestin !

 
Locations of visitors to this page