Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Office tales

Inappropriate for you if you are too young or an old, impressionable relative. You have been warned.

There are lots of people from Pune in this office. (I still dont call it "my" office... hmm). Probably the second biggest demographic, after the millions of Keralites. Some discussion sprouts about the Chitale Bandhu near Deccan and as people join in, I discovered more and more people from my city. This one guy says - yeah i am from Pune, i even know Marathi. And then to prove that he really does, says - "Naahi kaka, daaru naahi, fakta cigarette peeli aahe" and i laugh. Someone asks him - what is fakta, to which he explains it means only (sirf). And they share this smile which i dont get at all. The guy continues - sometimes outside toilets there, you find a sign that says "fakta ladies".

It takes a few seconds for me to get it, but oh boy when i do, my world changes. Literally, I can never use that word now without giggling. It was just lying there all this time, waiting for the right pair of eyes to see.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OKAY!

vinaya said...

Umm, so i'm assuming it didnt change the way you look at the world?

Mohsin said...

Kya ye naye office wale bigaad rahe tumko.. Papa ko batana padega :p

vinaya said...

Someone please tell me its not just me who found it hilarious!

Aisa kuch nahi hai, papa ke saamne achcha banna padta tha :P

Charuta said...

Waanderful!!now I have to write f**ta everytime I write it.
Another one I heard @ my office while planning women's day celebrations..
"jo mail mein saari females hain bas unko hi add karo"
and I was the only one who stifled a giggle or even batted an eyelid :(

vinaya said...

Thank you! At laaaast someone gets it!
mail mein female.. hehe, i can imagine, it is frustrating when you want to brust out laughing and no one gets the joke.

 
Locations of visitors to this page