Saturday, August 21, 2010

For the very first time in my life

I made maggi today. Fine. You can pick up your jaw from the ground now. Despite the very many years i have spent on this earth, its not really all that surprising given that i have never, as my mom pointed out, had to cook for myself. Home or hostel. Food has generally been SEP. It wasnt bad, the maggi, although it turned out looking more like something made out of little cylindrical tubes of rava. In my newbie enthusiasm i broke the maggi into tiny little pieces, not one of which were of slurp-able length. Aah, one lives and learns.
One has also stooped down to blogging about what one had for lunch. As long as one has come this far, one might as well register one's grievance against the content on the maggi packet.

What the hell were you thinking, Dear Sir/Madam,* when you printed on the back of the packet, not instructions on how to cook whats inside, but long touching stories on how a 5 year old made maggi on his ownsome lonesome for his Mom's birthday? Did no good, I'm telling you, not to the dish i ended up making, and definitely not to my ego!

* Dont you wish all letters could start like this?

4 comments:

Ashwin said...

I find it really funny -- that I had also tweeted about the same "lack of instructions on the back of the Maggie packet" issue in early 2008.
High-time Maggie responds to valuable feedback :-P hehe.. ;^)

vinaya said...

Kaushik: As my mom would say, dont show me "pogatha ooruku vazhi"!
Btw, how do you fare on the necessary but not sufficient condition?

Ashwin: Great minds :D I thought i was probably the only one living under a rock. I'm glad i have company!

Jana said...

Kya baat hai Maa -- Saare box-office record thod daale thumne tho ;)

vinaya said...

Jana: Kyaa?? Maine koi record nahi tode. Main to record wale room mein bhi nahi thi!

Ashwin: At the very least, they should set up a 24 hour toll free helpline for maggi making emergencies!

 
Locations of visitors to this page