Friday, February 19, 2010

Moonlighting

Prologue

Granny fainted. Fell down very gracefully, according to reports, so no bones were broken. However, she couldnt sit up on her own after that, leave alone move about. Several ambulance rides later, she finally settled down to life on a single cot in her room. As much as grannys are capable of settling down. She was more active lying on that cot than most people with 4 limbs in working condition. Her bouts of activity resulted in more falling down. And so the family high council decided to send me to keep night-watch and cry wolf if needed. Of course i slept on the job, choosing my sleeping position strategically so that if she ever fell down, an alarm would involuntarily escape my throat. Only problem was, people in their second childhood went to sleep at 9...


Chapter 1

To the idiot whose wi-fi signal spills over to my granny's bedroom,

Who the *&@#^% taught you to use WPA for your connection?? Such knowledge is most unexpected and disturbing at several levels. Do you have any idea what it does to my post dinner socializing? All i can do between 9 and 11 now is watch movies on my laptop.


Epilogue

Today i forgot to get headphones from home.


P.S.
(Yeah, my story has a P.S. You have a problem? )

Do not lecture me on the risks of using open wi-fi networks. If there is a hacker in this area, losing the few movies i carry around in my laptop'd be totally worth fishing him/her out!

6 comments:

Jana said...

Very well written! Good trailer :) Now get back to writing the actual novel! Remember, you signed a contract for 1 million dollars :D

Sumit Sorde said...

1 million zimbabwe dollars eh? :P

vinaya said...

Jana: I didnt think of it that way but now that you mention it, this could be my "published" story :D

Sumit: If i can get a cream roll out of that million, i'm happy!

Jana said...

This is cheating! I would not even consider this a preview. You cannot escape :P Please start working on the draft soon !!!

Unknown said...

very well written...u shud consider a job as a writer..u'll do very well :)

vinaya said...

Nahiiiiiii! Well, maaaybe as long as the stories are half a page long!

 
Locations of visitors to this page