Saturday, December 08, 2007

Dark Could Vs Silver Lining

Dark Cloud: It takes more self control than i've got to
1. skip meals
2. go for early morning jogs
I'm doomed.

Silver Lining: I've joined a gym! With a very attractive corporate discount!

Dark Cloud: Too attractive. The money no longer compels me to show up. I'm doomed.

Silver Lining
: On the days i do show up, i feel great after working out!

Dark Cloud: And miserable before. And old during. I used to be able to jog for 20 minutes at a stretch. Not anymore. I'm doomed.

Silver Lining: There is always aerobics! Shaking my body to loud music, its the closest i am ever going to get to dancing, and i LOVE it! I love the before! i love the during! i love the after!

Dark Cloud: Oh, but the songs i have to put up with. I want to die when I'm a Barbie girl comes up. And it comes up. Every time. Its one of those songs i'd be terribly embarrassed to be seen enjoying and yet, in that atmosphere i cant help it. More than once i've horrified myself by catching myself singing along. If they ever play Brazil, i'll quit. I'm doomed.

Silver Lining: Thats just one song in an hour! The ones she plays during cool down are really nice!

Dark Cloud: Whatever. After all that, I'm still as fat. I'm doomed.

Silver Lining: (for once without the enthusiasm to talk in exclamation marks) Sigh. You win. I'm doomed.

They get together to form one huge dark cloud and live gloomily ever after.

Acknowledgments: Silver Lining inspired by the following characters from Terry Pratchett's Maskerade
1. Christine, who says everything with an exclamation mark
2. The Opera House Ghost, who leaves threatening notes with written maniacal laughter with 5 exclamation marks. Stuff like

Dear Opera House Manager,

ehahahahahaha!!!!!

Respectfully,
The Opera House Ghost.

Terry the wise says, "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears their underpants on their head". You will notice that i have used them only in the singular.

8 comments:

Niranjan Srinivas said...

"I'm a Barbie girl" is so nice ! How can you not like it ??

vinaya said...

It was "nice" 10 years ago! Now it is one of those songs that ignorant wannabes use to represent English music. Much like a file listing at the DOS prompt is used to represent someone hacking away at a computer!

Niranjan Srinivas said...

:D :D :D I understand you want to respond to my comment, but calling me an ignorant wannabe was totally uncalled for :D :D :D

vinaya said...

The six grinning smileys tell me you know that wasn't meant for you :)
No one who has spent 5 years at IITK can be an ignorant wannabe. At least in music and movies :D

Pooja said...

1) YOU and AEROBICS
2) YOU and ZAKIR HUSSAIN (@300)

?

*faints*

vinaya said...

I know, i know. I seem to be turning into someone else!

Anonymous said...

I always get confused, should I look at the percentage of discount that I got whatever type of discount you call or the price after discounting !

vinaya said...

Good point! I believe humanity can be divided based on which of the two tempt people more! Me, i am more influenced by the final price after discounting.

 
Locations of visitors to this page