Thursday, September 15, 2005

"Passengers are requested to report at the airport two hours before the flight is scheduled for takeoff"

The alarm is set for 8 a.m. Everyday. Not that I'm ever going to wake up at the first alarm. It's just a way to ease myself gently into the shock that its morning. Says a lot for the mess food that not even the thought of breakfast can get me out of bed. "Later", I tell the alarm and go back to hiding from the day.

"This is the first call for passengers of flight ... "

An hour later, it rings again. Persistent fellow. Not much self-respect, I must add. "Ya, ya, I get it, its morning. May I be permitted just 5 more minutes of bliss?" Without really waiting for an answer, I shut it off. The breakfast fairy (hopefully a Brad Pitt look alike - aha, I'll stay awake all night waiting for morning) will wake me up 5 minutes later. He doesn't come. I continue uninterrupted.


"This is the last and final call for passengers of flight..."

However skewed, rusty and unreliable, I do have a biological clock. On 9.75 days out of 10, it wakes me up 5 minutes before the deadline. Some kindly neighbour takes care of 0.2499999 days by banging on my door a few minutes before the deadline. A super quick brush of my visible teeth later, I'm in the mess being served breakfast by people who consider it a gross violation of duty to hand out food a minute past 9.30.

I have considered suggesting the installation of a giant gong that scares sleep away from even the most hardcore hibernators. But the question remains - who will sound the gong?

7 comments:

Pooja said...

I thought fairies were females :)
Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind a Brad Pitt look-alike waking me up everyday either, esp the Meet Joe Black version ;-)

When you going to Panchmarhi?

vinaya said...

Some girls(????) in my class actually said "Cheeeeee" when they saw Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black!! Cheeeeeeeee!
You are getting OLD :D I went, i saw, i came, i sent you snaps! You said you liked the sunset, remember ??

Anonymous said...

same here! my neighbours make sure tht i hv breakfast and dont just pay the mess bill w/o utilizing it fully!
btw our "mess" starts frm 21st:((

vinaya said...

Saw your mess today. It looks good. I'm so happy you people wont have to travel so far 3 times a day just to eat :P

Pooja said...

aiyyo!!
That was Panchmarhi kya ? :P
I still have the mail somewhere I suppose :)

Arjun Karande said...

I volunteer to sound the gong. Who volunteers to wake me up?

vinaya said...

...an egg to hatch the chicken to lay the egg to hatch the chicken...

Btw, i said breakfast, not lunch :P

 
Locations of visitors to this page