Sunday, September 11, 2005

Life right now is a scene right out of some Jane Austen novel. All we seem to discuss is parties. Can't blame us too much though. For us mess-fed souls, any outing involving food is big. Big. BIG.
It just so happened that a lot of happy occasions and occurrences touched our lives. And a party of course, is the best way to share joy. Or rather, transfer some of it from the giver to the receivers. And so we plan. When, where, who, who not - endless topic, endless pleasure. Everyone is so excited, it even rubs off the unfortunate soul who knows she will end up spending a weeks hard earned wages (in most cases earned teaching Java to ungrateful brutes most of who end up knowing more about the language than them in a months time) in a day. Having paid my dues early, all I do now is look forward to weekends with a smile on my face and a hand rubbing my tummy.
Hmm. What then, is the difference between most of Jane Austen's characters and us? Can I throw emptiness and superficiality at them, living in a glass house myself? Of course! For us, this is an break from life. For them, it was life.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many treats! who r the sponsors? cant u persuade them to invite me too :P

Anonymous said...

Well anyone who knows you even a bit knows that vin eating is as or more happy than a buffalo in water. Oh wait I could also have said vin in water :)), going by how happy U are in water :D.

I am not at bhageerath anymore, send the letter bomb to Suma Center;).

vinaya said...

Sumit: No can do (not that i want to :P) Its a girls only celebration with brothers and people who have won certain bets being the only exceptions.

Anon: Been straining all my mental abilities to guess who you are. My most intelligent guess is Harsh. Let me know if i'm right, i dont want to make a mistake in the composition of the letter bomb :P

Anonymous said...

wat abt ur due "dassi" trt! hopefully no brothers or bets barrier is holding there :P

Anonymous said...

Guess I should not have mentioned Suma Center, it restricts the search to a large extent. But going by your guess, seems I am still relatively safe :). Poor Harsh, wont open any of his letters for a month or so :)).

vinaya said...

Harsh was a dumb guess, i guess. He's been in Suma center ever since i got here (this time).
Hmm. 3 possibilities come to mind, each unlikely.
Anon, come on!! Dont make me waste my limited mental abilities on this. I have a thesis to comlete :((

Anonymous said...

Cmon vin who can take the risk of calling you that, only someone who can bear your aftermath and come out alive :). If you still cant guess i am not telling you.

Harsh ;)(Is that a good enough hint? ROTFL)

vinaya said...

Nonsense!! I was right all along :-X Not too many people call me Vin, and last i heard she was in LAT.
I dont think you'll survive this aftermath!

 
Locations of visitors to this page