Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A few days ago, on the 23rd of July, I happened to travel from Kanpur railway station to IIT. I couldn't help looking back. Exactly a year ago, to the day, I had landed in Kanpur to start a new chapter of my life. A year that just flashed by, even though each moment was lived to its fullest. A year filled with more novels and movies than any other year of my life. A year in which I kept odder hours than I ever thought possible. Suddenly, all 24 hours were equal. A year of finding friends who tolerate me at my silliest and friends who motivate me to my brightest. A year of teachers who gave me glimpses of beauty in computer science. I got senti over almost every question paper I had to solve. A year that almost rid me of my fear of presentations. A year which made me wash my own clothes. Believe it or not, it was a first for me and gave me an immense sense of achievement and independence! A year that made me appreciate simple home food. Thier saadam (curd rice) was always heaven, but all the more so now, since it was so rare. A year that made me realize that though not at the "where-I-lay-my-head-is-home" level, I could settle down in any place without too much fuss. A year in which I realized I had changed, but not as much as I thought I had.
A year very different from any I've had. I would have been a different person, had this chapter been differently written.

Happy new year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A year of finding friends who tolerate me at my silliest and friends who motivate me to my brightest. A year of teachers who gave me glimpses of beauty in computer science. I got senti over almost every question paper I had to solve.

Hey stop making us lesser mortals jealous!!! :D
Just kidding! Im so happy for u :)

vinaya said...

Who stopped you from coming along ??
Waise, this is not to be takes too seriously as involves a fair amount of nostalgia :)

Who Cares? said...

Hey remember, we were on thesame bus from Railway Station to IIT?
You might not remember, but I do!

What an year this has been :-)

vinaya said...

Oh yes, what a year!
I do remember someone from my class being on the bus. I also remember being the only girl and the only unaccompanied person!

 
Locations of visitors to this page