Monday, August 25, 2003

Games....Baaah

As if it was not enough that I was bad at two games, I was recently inspired to try my hand at a third. The main source of inspiration was the prescence of a carrom board, and the fact that there were about 10 people waiting to play baddie and 10 more for TT. My friend and I, ever ready for (mis)adventures of this sort, decided to give carrom a shot. I reasoned that since you do not need strength to play carrom, and that was the 'sole' reason why i was pathetic at baddie, carrom could not be so bad. I was not bad, after all. I was pathetic, miserable, hopeless. My hands were actually shaking when i tried hitting the striker. Put in not even 4 coins in 4 games. And, that too, two of them of the opposite teams :( There was even this coin that was designated my "favourie one", since i had spent one whole game trying to put that in.

Why ????

Why do boys have to be good at all games by default? And why does it take girls eternity to learn? I apologize to those miniscule percentage of girls who are naturally good. But on the whole, i havn't come across many girls of that kind. Even if they do exist, i am sure it is to prove the exception to the rule.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page