Thursday, April 28, 2011

Next is what

By popular demand. What? Bhai asked for a post, and he is popular, okay?

So, Presenting... the Partner! *drumroll*

(The effect of which might be diminished by the fact that 90 percent of the people reading this were supposed to be at the wedding. The remaining 10 percent, i hope you die of shock. Or have a heart attack at the very least.)

So, yes, the partner. Who shall henceforth be known here, there and elsewhere as the dude (Because, you know, everything else about this blog is so anonymous). I live in his home (naturally), i work from his home, and omg, creepy as it sounds, uska ghar hi ab mera sansaar hai :P Not the least becasue i'm in a new city (Hi Bangalore!) and have no idea what goes where. Seriously, that is what i find to be the most disorienting of all. New home, new people, new language, new role - all fine, but a new city that i have to get used to? Nooooo.

I should have cracked under the strain of wearing so many saris, i didnt. I should feel a bit lost and out of place, i dont. I should be devastated, i'm not. I should be deliriously happy, i'm not. I'm... normal. I think tomorrow if i wake up as a man in the Bahamas, i will still be normal.

Because it sometimes feels like a new me in new life, where none of the "facts" from the old life need to be true, i say "Hello World!"

9 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats :)
not for the partner..bt for a nice post :P
n abt the wedding...sorry cudnt make it..bt u hafta upload pics..soon! this post could have come after the pics actually :P

n abt blore...its a nice city..i took a liking to it within 5 days..so I'm sure you'd love it too :) And yes, the night life there..rockss!! :D

sinGularity said...

Where is the "Like" button?
What? I've to type with my hands to show that I like the post. Ridiculous!

Anyway, congratulations again. Not everything is new. You still got your job!

Unknown said...

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be."

i endorse the guest post from partner request. i second any such motion passed. afterall his ghar=your sansar.
bangalore is a nice place, especially when you get out of the house from time to time. or else, walls and ceiling fans are pretty much the same everywhere.

regards,
the 'popular'

vinaya said...

Zaru: Thanks :) I hope the pics have reached.
Night life? Night life = curling up with a book or a laptop or recently, certain living things ;)

Kaushik: I take it you speak from experience, but your experiences have become old proverbs now??

Lalit: Thanks :)
And ugh, dont remind me. I am soon going to be seeing alerts in my dreams. The one thing that coulda/woulda/shoulda changed...

Bhai: Heh. Adams, is it?
Tell me what to see in the city, tell me, tell me, tell me. And i kill you if you say Inox.


As for guest post requests, the dude says het only gets, doesnt post. Feel free to hurt him for that.

Jana said...

Congratulations once again! :)

You forgot to add "beta" along with "bhai" in the popular list!

I still think "baap" should write a guest post sharing his perspectives. Otherwise, we would ban google and "baap" would have no work ;)

Living things are better than books and laptops! :P

We also request "a-day-in-old-life vs. a-day-in-new-life" type of post :)

Mohsin said...

accha hai accha hai.. n I liked the 'gets nt posts' thingy..

vinaya said...

Jana: Thanks :)
I'd already drafted the post before you demanded one, to tumhara naam reh gaya.

Bol ke dekho seedhe baap se, main bolon to HTML ke jokes se maarta hai :P

Mohsin: Bah. You will also be hurt.

Ashwin said...

Congratulations to both of you! :)
Look forward to seeing the pics!

fiddlesticks said...

Congratulations! And Bangalore's real easy to get used to, welcome :)

 
Locations of visitors to this page