Saturday, January 30, 2010

One Friday Night...

Its Friday Night. Inertia of a magnitude that would do massive bodies in the sky proud has sent in. I hop from desk to desk, looking for excuses to hang around. I find many. A bunch of us finally settle down to chairs, laughing at jokes from last Friday and making more for the next. I hear a song playing. "I hear a song playing", i say. "So do I", says the one sitting next to me. We look around to see no obvious source of music. Paranormal activity is suspected and joked upon. Something makes me look for my phone. I fish it out of my bag to find a call in progress. What follows is a series of such bizarre co-incidences that if you were a betting man, you'd give up both betting and your manhood.

- my phone is not locked
- all the shifting i was doing in the chair causes random buttons to be pressed
- first the recently called list is opened up
- scroll down 10 or 11 names on it
- stop at the name of the guy sitting next to me (the one who also heard the music)
- call him up
- in the short gap you get to press * if you want to copy the hello tune, * is pressed

which results in both of us hearing his ring tone. When i fish out the phone, the call is still in progress. I cancel it and promptly get an SMS saying i have been charged 15 rupees for the hello tune.

Like he said, it made a believer out of us. FSM teri mahima apaar! Only, the next time you decide to show off your awesome powers, O one with the noodly appendages, could you pick someone with more taste in hello tunes? :P


P.S. Sorry Mohsin, i knew you said you'd blog about this, but i figured i got to post since i'd paid.

I actually wrote the whole thing just so i could make that joke. But i'm sure you'll agree, all is fair in love, war and the making of jokes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow!
i missed all the fun :(

Mohsin said...

I totally agree.. And Mera HelloTune Bhi Mahan Hai.. Bwahahahah :p
FSM ki jai ho...

vinaya said...

Zarin: Lesson learnt i hope. Nothing good ever comes out of working on friday night :D
There is always another friday...

Mohsin: I knew you would :)
Who knows, maybe the hello tune has a deeper significance. FSM moves in mysterious ways...

 
Locations of visitors to this page