Thursday, August 07, 2008

The messiest of them all

You know the person who exists just so that people can look at him and feel happy that their life will never be that bad? My desk at work is that person. With everything that lies on it and underneath, on a typical day at work, I will, at least once:

trip on the mouse wire
kick my CPU shut
go underground in search of the other end of some cable
pull off the network connection

Its a good thing i dont work on the top floor, people there have whole civilizations under their desk! Just looking under makes me feel like i'm "in" AOE.

(Look at the lame name dropping! Once she has played the game, years ago, by herself. But i guess its better that than pretending to be on first names terms with CS, after months of nothing but second hand association. And anyway, who plays these games nowadays?)

3 comments:

Mohsin said...

trip on the mouse wire
go underground in search of the other end of some cable
pull off the network connection

And I thought you worked at a wireless co..[;-)]

But I don't think you have ever kicked shut both of your machines in a single shot..(I can do (and have done) that :-P)

vinaya said...

How may times i have looked at the mess on my desk and wondered at the irony of it all.

Wow, really?? Can i get a Demo?

Mohsin said...

agar sab ko demo dete baitha to co mere ko memo de degi ;-)

 
Locations of visitors to this page