Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I eat therefore I am

In a completely nonsensical attempt to explain the mystery that is Vinaya to a friend, I came up with the answer "I eat when I am hungry". After I said it I realized that it actually makes a pretty good mission statement. Excited, I came up with many more. And then I got bored. These don't even cover all the people I know well, so I doubt you will find yourself in there.

1 . Eat when hungry:
Keeping life simple. Cause and effect. An uncluttered mind. Living in the present.

2. Eat at mealtimes:
Living by the rules. Safe. Predictable. Inflexible.

3. Eat if ( (hungry && you_like_the_food && you_have_company && food_is_hygienic && (!not_going_to_gym_in_10_mins)) ||
(mealtime && you_not_likely_to_get_food_for_a_long_long_time) ||
(food_going_waste) || (mom_says_so && in_the_mood_to_listen) ):

Complicated. Unpredictable. Will take so long to decide whether to eat or not, might end up having no time left to eat. But will be happy with the decision all the same!

4. Eat if the weather is good:
Random. Totally unpredictable. Mysterious.

5. Eat during a public speech. Your public speech:
Shock effect. Living for an audience. Rebel without a cause. Unconventional.

6. Eat if and only if you feel like it:
Very determined. Not swayed by anything, sometimes including logic! Unpredictable. Unconventional.

Hmm. I don't think people can be boxed neatly into categories. Like, I see a bit of myself in 1, a bit in 2, also some in 5 and almost but not quite entirely none of 6.

2 comments:

Sumit Sorde said...

Khaaoooooo!
Well..categories where i can fit in : 1,2,2nd condition of 3!!

vinaya said...

Yeah, food inspires me like nothing else!
Never imagined you to fit into 2nd condition of 3.

 
Locations of visitors to this page