Tuesday, October 14, 2003

To make my ride from home to office more interesting and challenging (you can imagine how interesting my life must be), i decided not to use the brakes of my 2 wheeler. Not "not at all", but not "until it is a question of someone's life and death". It turned out to be easier than i thought. Except for signals, and the final turn to my place (the width of the 'road' there must be almost 2 meters) i'm able to get to office in one piece everyday. You really can control the vehicle using the accelerator only, and i'm secretly hoping this would increase the mileage.

But now, i've observer a strange behaviour. I sort of remember reading something in Bio about some organs that stop doing what they are supposed to do if not used for generations. Think they have a name, also think it starts with v. Well, dunno if my two wheeler has become a follower of Darwin's theories, but thats sort of what's happened to my breaks. They've evolved into v-organs. They don't work anymore.

I am now forced to do what i voluntarily set out to do. Compulsory things are not fun.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page