Tuesday, January 07, 2014

A new hobby

For those of you who have been waiting with baited breath (thanks for asking, K! Sniff, and here I thought nobody cared), here it is. In simple words, it is cutting and pasting paper. It started somewhere in the dark ages when I was preparing for job interviews. I don't remember exactly what got me started, but by the time I has a job in hand, I had a phone full of plans on what to make.

The first one -

 
 
This one started out very differently in my head. Wool was going to be heavily involved. Thankfully this is where it ended up. I cant draw for nuts, so all these images were printed, traced onto paper and then cut using an x acto knife (as you can seem I can talk the talk!) The dude made me put the leaf at the top of the Ganapati.
 
The second one -
 

 
 
 
The one at the top started out from the leftovers of the first one. Then I traced out the Om at the center and, this is what I cannot believe I did - hand drew the final shape of the golden paper!
The one at the bottom was inspired from here. It could have been much better.
 
 
The third one -
 
 
 
This one took the longest. I cannot find the original that "inspired" this. This one was probably the toughest - I had to take a picture I liked and stretch it out in MS paint, adding leaves etc to make it big enough. Then trace it on paper, keeping track of what goes where. The dude picked the bird and traced it out. Getting this up on the wall also turned out to be a challenge.
 
 
The fourth one -
 


This one was inspired from here. S is what my son's name starts from :) (Yes, I have become that mother whose wallpaper has her kid's pictures. Whattodo).

I also tried making something with paint (actual paint) but those projects only reinforced how terrible I am at painting.

In spite of a new country, new baby, new job, life somehow still mostly feels like the same old same old. This has helped giving it little bit of new.

 
 

3 comments:

Ashwin said...

All of them are amazing!

vinaya said...

Thank you! For reading and appreciating and... i'll stop before I embarrass myself

Pratap Rudra said...

aapne kiya ? Super hai !

 
Locations of visitors to this page