Thursday, May 03, 2007

Global warming, my foot!

Its all bakwaas, I tell you. All this global warming sharming. The globe is not getting warmer, its only this city of mine that is. Leave Pune out of the temperature calculations and you will see that the world is not a bad place to be in. (Of course there are people who insist the world will not be a bad place if we leave Pune out altogether. Though I shout myself hoarse defending the city of my birth, all this heat is not helping). Two years in Kanpur and thought i could come back here and turn my nose up at anyone who complained of the heat. All my "You call this hot?? Asli garmi to hamare Kanpur mein hoti hai" plans are now rotting in some damp, sweaty recess of my brain. It must be really bad, mustn't it, if someone who sits in an air conditioned office all day is cribbing so much about it? And its not just a matter of inconvenience, its affecting the basics, its changing who i am! Suddenly i have become one of those people who bathe daily. Sometimes twice. Shudder. what next? Will I become one of those umbrella carrying, dark glasses and sun-coat wearing, cool drink sipping people? No offense, but that is just not me!

4 comments:

Sumit Sorde said...

Some people told me that bangalore is hot for other reasons ;) ! But i totally disagrre. Even bangalore is hot literally because of a yellow star far faaar away from earth :((

vinaya said...

Kaushik: Its the pollution!!! I know, i know, the reason doesn't hold within certain campuses. Btw, does this mean i am a fraud Punite too?

Sumit: Hot? You call Bangalore hot?? Asli garmi to hamare Pune mein hoti hai :D

Sumit Sorde said...

I beg to disagree having just spent 10 mins to move my bed 2 feet close to fan :D

Anonymous said...

Global Warming is happening!!!!

 
Locations of visitors to this page