Thursday, March 15, 2007

Its coming to get me

Like an expensive vase. Every fleck of dust wiped, every possibility of a crack guarded against. Placed in a corner, watching life go by.

That is exactly how i imagine old age would feel.

It terrifies me every time i brush against it. This time it was bought about by a talk with a grandparent. Just a few days ago she had surrendered her house to the house owner. As she was explaining to me - I am too old to go and live there all by myself. Whats the point of keeping it locked? I nodded. Of course. Very sensible. Until i realized she was talking about her house of 49 years! It is where she lived, where her kids were born, bought up, had kids of their own... It is the only thing in the world she can call her own.

It was.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page