Sunday, April 16, 2006

No, I am not brave.
Bravery is doing something despite your fears.
I have no fears to overcome.

No, I am not a monk.
A monk gives up all desires for something higher.
I have no desires to renounce.

No, I am not ruled by emotions.
I do not get carried away by joy or drown in sorrow.
A smile and a frown are all that I need.

Yes, I am the undefeated King.
Not because I have won all my battles
But because I haven't fought any.


(The mind moves in mysterious ways on a Sunday afternoon)

8 comments:

Nishit said...

:-)

Arjun Karande said...

Yes, you are a mountain goat!
Not because of the way you bleat,
But the way you overcome mountains in flash.

Then again you might be superwoman.

vinaya said...

Kaushik: Thanks! (i think?)

Nishit: Is that a "its nice" smiley or "i dont know what else to say so i smile" smiley?

Arjun: Except for the uniform, i dont have any problems with being superwoman!

Pooja said...

Loved it

Sumit Sorde said...

Ur thesis writing "mindset" seems to have boosted your blog writing frequency :P.
nice post!

vinaya said...

Pooja: Thanks!

Sumit: I wish i was as enthusiastic about my thesis writing.

Anonymous said...

Vinaya, inspite of fighting so many tough and challenging battles which no woman has fought, you say i havent fought any ? ! It shows your extreme modesty and simplicity !!

Keep writing ...

vinaya said...

wooooow, thanks :)
Lekin, what i was trying to say was, even though it may seem that i have "achieved" many things in life, i've never had to fight for any of them.
Somebody called me modest? :D

 
Locations of visitors to this page